WHAT WE DO
HOW WE DO IT
WHAT WE DO
HOW WE DO IT
Giving2Grow acts as an intermediary between donors and service providers. We endeavor to achieve our mission by supporting local organizations that already have the skill and knowledge and commitment to address childhood hunger and food security.
Members are encouraged to work on G2G committees, which will be responsible for growing our membership, planning our two annual meetings, reading grants, making site visits, etc.
In addition, G2G members are encouraged to get personally involved with the organizations we support with our grants. This is a common outcome of giving circles–increased awareness of one’s community and the opportunity to make a deeper, more personal contribution on a local level.
Too busy right now? Not to worry. Once you have paid your $500 membership, there is no pressure to join a committee or attend a single meeting. You can still exercise your vote (or not) to help select who receives G2G funding.
By the end of 2014, less than a year after signing their first member, Giving2Grow had grown to 61 Founding Members!!! Since members renew annually, the number fluctuates, but has increased every year.
In short: membership money in, grant money out–every year.
Information about the 2019 grant application process can be found here. To get a sense of the expected timeline, review the information below.
- May: Full Circle Membership Meeting. Mt. Lebanon Library. We will welcome representatives from our current grantees and learn how our grant funds are being spent to help achieve our mission. Bring your checkbook to renew your membership. And bring a friend–this is also a great time to learn more about Giving2Grow!
- June 30: Preferred date for membership dues ($500). We are happy to take a membership check at any time. Having them by June 30 helps us determine how much we will be able to grant in the following year.
- August 15: Grant application deadline.
- August 15 to September 15: Grant reading by G2G Grant Committee
- September 15 to to November 1: Member visits to grant applicants, organized by the Site Visit Committee
- Early December: Final Date for Full Circle Membership Vote. Members will receive an electronic ballot via email to vote on which non-profit applicants will receive grants.
Any local non-profit organization that meets our granting criteria, deadline and mission can submit a grant application. G2G members on the Grant Committee will review all applications and pre-select the best applicants. G2G members will then visit the selected applicants to better understand what services they provide that support G2G’s mission. Members of the Grant and Site Visit Committees and the G2G Board then meet to discuss the applicants and will then make recommendations to the entire membership, via the annual Ballot. Every paid member will receive an equal vote to determine which applicants will receive funding that year.