Since our first year of funding, 2014, Giving2Grow members have donated $145,000 to local non-profits who share our mission of addressing childhood hunger and nutrition in SW Pennsylvania.
We have done this collectively and collaboratively: each member contributes the same amount–$500–and each member has a single vote in determining how and where our collective funds are spent. (For more information on becoming a member, click here)
Congratulations to our 2017 Recipients: total $45,000
Visit the websites below to learn more about our grant recipients’ projects.
1. United Methodist Church Union – Kids Meal Network: $5,000.
2. Pittsburgh Black Breastfeeding Circle: $10,000.
3. South Hills Interfaith Movement – Community Gardens: $10,000.
4. Bible Center Church – Oasis Project: $10,000.
5. Fayette County Community Action Agency – Let’s Get Cooking: $10,000